|"I went into cardiac arrythmia immediately after eating some ice cream sweetened with Splenda. My heart started pounding and I felt very weak. I felt that I was probably in atrial fibrillation, being a nurse. I recognized the arrythmia. My blood pressure was sky-rocketing, too. I tried to go to bed, but I felt very anxious and kept feeling like I was falling. I also felt very nauseated.
The next day, I went to the doctor as an emergency and he immediately put me into the cardiac care unit. I have no heart problems and am very healthy--or was until I was poisoned with Splenda!
I was told I could have died because my heart rate went over 170, enough to cause a heart attack. Atrial fibrillation is very dangerous because the atrial part of the heart is not pumping effectively and blood accumulates, potentially causing a clot, which can result in a heart attack or stroke.
I was in the hospital hooked-up to everything and given mega-doses of medication. Eventually, they sent me home after three days. I am still very weak, but my heart did go back into normal rhythm.
It was a terrible ordeal and I know for sure I'll never ever use Splenda again. It's very toxic."
Thank you C.C. for sharing your story with our visitors.